Have you considered going to school to become a legal assistant?
Think about getting from nowhere to a terrific career within just a few fast months. A paralegal or legal assistant training program may be the way to create it.
Once you graduate, you will become a new specialist in the legal industry, experiencing a lot of the issues that an attorney often times works on, but minus the personal and monetary effort of devoting several years at law school. You can potentially take courses at either your regional campus or an internet based school.
Legal Assistant / Paralegal Profession Profile
Legal assistants — or paralegals — help lawyers get prepared for trials, hearings, closings and client meetings. They routinely perform complex groundwork activities, producing important material and writing reviews that provide credibility to a legal circumstance.
As said by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, hiring of paralegals is estimated to grow 20 percent through 2021. This increase is bigger than the overall rate for all careers.
There will be a growth in the interest in paralegals with select segment experience, like bankruptcy, real estate, medical malpractice, or family law. In addition to the many roles different legal firms, job opportunities also are available in State, Federal, and regional government organizations, consumer associations, and the court systems.
Schools, Accreditation and Degrees
There are about a thousand colleges and universities, law schools, and trade institutions that provide formal paralegal training programs either at a walk-on campus or online; of those, around 265 degree programs are acknowledged by the American Bar Association. Awarded accreditations for legal assistants range between a program completion certificate to a Master’s degree.
Speaking of accreditation, The National Association of Legal Assistants delivers the Certified Paralegal, the Certified Legal Assistant, along with the Advanced Paralegal Certification. Added to that, the National Federation of Paralegal Association presents the Registered Paralegal validation to specialists who already have completed a four-year degree, no less than two full years of on-the-job experience, and can complete the standard test.
As you get nearer to finishing your studies, these institutions work hard to offer career placement guidance. This help and support continues throughout your professional career.
Does this sound interesting? Let’s get started.
We have put together a list:
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- Certificate: Paralegal (Legal Studies)
- B.S. in Legal Studies
- A.S. in Legal Studies
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Associate of Arts: Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor of Science: Paralegal Studies
- Master of Business Administration in American Legal Studies
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- Master of Public Administration in Law
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Master of Legal Studies