Has the legal career field always interested you?
Just imagine going from zero to a good career within a few quick months. A legal assistant or paralegal training course may well be the means to grasp it.
You’re going to become a working specialist in the legal business, working at a number of the things that a lawyer frequently does, but without the personal and financial investment of spending a few years in law school. You are able to start training at either a local campus or a web-based school.
Legal Assistant / Paralegal Profession Profile
Paralegals — or legal assistants — help attorneys prepare for hearings, trials and client sessions. They commonly complete complicated groundwork tasks, compiling important material and creating documents that provide authority to a legal position.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities of paralegals is likely to expand 21 % by 2021. This growth is bigger than the nationwide pace for other occupations.
There should be a rise in the demand for professionals who have specialized industry experience, which might include bankruptcy, real estate, medical malpractice, or accidents and injuries. Besides the typical roles with small or big law offices, occupational prospects also occur in State, Federal, and city government departments, consumer associations, and throughout the various court systems.
Schooling, Qualifications and Degrees
There are roughly 1,000 universities, law schools, and private schools that deliver proper paralegal instruction coursework either at a campus or online; of these, approximately 265 curricula are approved by the American Bar Association (ABA). Academic certifications for paralegals range between a certification to a Masters degree.
With respect to certification, The National Association of Legal Assistants offers the Certified Paralegal, the Certified Legal Assistant, plus the Advanced Paralegal Certification. Besides that, the National Federation of Paralegal Association can give their Registered Paralegal credential to individuals who have completed a undergraduate college degree, at least two years of experience, and can also pass the certification test.
As you get nearer to graduating, these institutions put in the work to offer job placement expertise. This help and support continues all through your career path.
Does it sound pretty good? Let’s get started.
These schools offer degree programs:
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with multiple programmatic accolades
- High-quality, Christ-centered education with online, on-campus & evening courses
- Regent University is proud to be ranked as a top military friendly school
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- Master of Public Administration in Law
- And more...
- Start your exciting Paralegal education with a legal studies certificate from Post
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Learn to summarize depositions, do legal research, prepare legal documents & more
- Led by faculty who bring years of practical legal experience and insights
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- Certificate: Paralegal (Legal Studies)
- B.S. in Legal Studies
- A.S. in Legal Studies
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Associate of Arts: Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor of Science: Paralegal Studies
- Master of Business Administration in American Legal Studies
- And more...