Has the legal career field always interested you?
Just imagine going from zero to a good career within a few quick months. A legal assistant or paralegal training course may well be the means to grasp it.
You’re going to become a working specialist in the legal business, working at a number of the things that a lawyer frequently does, but without the personal and financial investment of spending a few years in law school. You are able to start training at either a local campus or a web-based school.
Legal Assistant / Paralegal Profession Profile
Paralegals — or legal assistants — help attorneys prepare for hearings, trials and client sessions. They commonly complete complicated groundwork tasks, compiling important material and creating documents that provide authority to a legal position.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities of paralegals is likely to expand 21 % by 2021. This growth is bigger than the nationwide pace for other occupations.
There should be a rise in the demand for professionals who have specialized industry experience, which might include bankruptcy, real estate, medical malpractice, or accidents and injuries. Besides the typical roles with small or big law offices, occupational prospects also occur in State, Federal, and city government departments, consumer associations, and throughout the various court systems.
Schooling, Qualifications and Degrees
There are roughly 1,000 universities, law schools, and private schools that deliver proper paralegal instruction coursework either at a campus or online; of these, approximately 265 curricula are approved by the American Bar Association (ABA). Academic certifications for paralegals range between a certification to a Masters degree.
With respect to certification, The National Association of Legal Assistants offers the Certified Paralegal, the Certified Legal Assistant, plus the Advanced Paralegal Certification. Besides that, the National Federation of Paralegal Association can give their Registered Paralegal credential to individuals who have completed a undergraduate college degree, at least two years of experience, and can also pass the certification test.
As you get nearer to graduating, these institutions put in the work to offer job placement expertise. This help and support continues all through your career path.
Does it sound pretty good? Let’s get started.
These schools offer degree programs:
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Associate of Arts: Paralegal Studies
- Master of Business Administration in American Legal Studies
- Master of Business Administration in International Legal Studies
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Legal Support and Services - Paralegal Concentration
- BS in Legal Support and Services
- MS in Legal Studies
- And more...
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Master of Legal Studies